Re: Cann't su to other ID

From: augusta Zhou (meijun_Zhou_at_SHANGHAIGM.COM)
Date: 07/08/03

    Date:         Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:11:36 +0800
    To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU

    No user can be su to from root, and if I use telnet (e.g. user:augusta) to
    login with augusta ID.
    It will pass my password and disconnect soon with "3004-009 Failed running
    login shell.Connection closed."

    And I'm sure the user's shell is exist and home directory is too.

    Best Regards.
    Zhou Meijun

    IS Department
    Shanghai General Motors Co., Ltd.

    Tel: (021)28902879
    Fax: (021)50317990
    E-mail: meijun_zhou@shanghaigm.com

                        "Green, Simon"
                        <Simon.Green@EU.A To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                        LTRIA.COM> cc:
                        Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: Re: Cann't su to other ID
                        Discussion List
                        <aix-l@Princeton.

                        07/07/2003 05:39
                        PM
                        Please respond to
                        IBM AIX
                        Discussion List

    Do you mean that UserA cannot su to any other userid, or no user is able to
    su to UserA?

    Does it affect both "su" and "su -"?

    Simon Green
    Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

    N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.

    • Expect, telnet, frozen console.
      ... telnet into remote host, provide username/password, surrender control to ... This script will eventually be tied into /etc/inittab so that it ... app called 'loe' which presents a login screen in 80x24 ASCII a la ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)
    • Re: Automated login, but run in a telnet console? possible?
      ... it took way too much resources for my embedded system. ... But I thought by simply automate login and select some console (telnet ... >> I have developed an embedded Linux system (app) which does its job well. ...
      (comp.os.linux.embedded)
    • Re: RSC, ALOM configuration issue
      ... Telnet escape character is '^e'. ... RSC version 2.2.1 ... Please login: admin ... I just can't close the telnet session to get ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: uid- task_struct --The results of the code sent by you
      ... In the case of telnet, it's a bit more complicated than that. ... with the I/O from the network going to/from ... forkptyforked child becomes the login task which eventually ... made it necessary to create virtual terminals and a separate ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: telnet logins
      ... >> or when starting X windows. ... >> So you're already having to set up your DISPLAY variable. ... The telnet protocol allows clients to send environment variable settings ... Changing your PATH in a login file is a standard configuration ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)