fs read buffer tuning in 5.1?

Bob.Kelley_at_BRINKSINC.COM
Date: 12/17/03

    Date:         Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:58:13 -0600
    To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU

    Is anyone familiar with the (db_block_size * db_file_multiblock_read_count
    =<64K) calculation used by Oracle92 to determine those two variable
    settings?

    From what I can find, the OS read buffer is 64K in AIX51, but is this a
    tunable parameter?? Aparently Oracle doesn't recommend the individual
    settings for these two variables which are required by AIX to maximize IO
    efficiency, and one of my dbas is asking if the read buffer can be changed
    to 128K?

    Bobby Kelley Jr.
    972-877-5341

    • Re: Why is my animation flickering?
      ... buffer but you didn't specify if you want GLUT_RGBA or GLUT_RGB ... perhaps flickering is the wrong word. ... Do you get a frame rate of something like 60 or 70 FPS? ... I looked in the settings but souldn't find what ...
      (comp.graphics.api.opengl)
    • Re: Why is my animation flickering?
      ... buffer but you didn't specify if you want GLUT_RGBA or GLUT_RGB ... perhaps flickering is the wrong word. ... Do you get a frame rate of something like 60 or 70 FPS? ... I looked in the settings but souldn't find what ...
      (comp.graphics.api.opengl)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] screen 4.0.3 local Authentication Bypass
      ... I tested using the default settings as per OS X ... While I could not replicate the bypass, I did find that screen will ... Even copying the password into the buffer (all variations ... experiencing an authentication bypass, then it is likely that you ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • update: problems rendering mpeg2 through buffer
      ... I thought maybe some of my settings on the demultiplexer were wrong because I ... had to configure them manually as I was using it in push mode. ... sending it through the buffer. ... Microsoft says that the stream buffer engine can handle MPEG2 video streams ...