fs read buffer tuning in 5.1?

Bob.Kelley_at_BRINKSINC.COM
Date: 12/17/03

    Date:         Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:58:13 -0600
    To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU

    Is anyone familiar with the (db_block_size * db_file_multiblock_read_count
    =<64K) calculation used by Oracle92 to determine those two variable
    settings?

    From what I can find, the OS read buffer is 64K in AIX51, but is this a
    tunable parameter?? Aparently Oracle doesn't recommend the individual
    settings for these two variables which are required by AIX to maximize IO
    efficiency, and one of my dbas is asking if the read buffer can be changed
    to 128K?

    Bobby Kelley Jr.
    972-877-5341