Re: AUTOCOMM script

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson_at_GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: 01/07/04

    Date:         Wed, 7 Jan 2004 13:11:59 -0500
    To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU

    Assuming this is sh or ksh the script calls the executable "TBL" and passes
    it three parameters:

    parameter 1 = ";NEW:COM"
    parameter 2 = "!"
    parameter 3 = "MW"

    The trailing ampersand (&) puts the command in background and the leading
    nohup runs the command so that it is immune to the hangup signal (which
    means the process will keep running even though the parent process goes
    away).

    TBL may be an executable (binary or script) that is accessible in the
    current PATH, or it may be a command alias.

    What do you get if you type "which TBL" as root?

    Bill Thompson
    Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
    The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

    Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
    May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
    Tire & Rubber Company.

    AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2