Re: how to verify error log direction to syslog

From: Adams Kevin J (kevin.adams_at_PHS.COM)
Date: 03/19/04

    Date:         Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:21:53 -0800
    To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU

    Mine is similar too, but I did not limit mine to class H or type PERM:

            1 errnotify:
          2 en_pid = 0
          3 en_name = "syslog"
          4 en_persistenceflg = 1
          5 en_label = ""
          6 en_crcid = 0
          7 en_class = ""
          8 en_type = ""
          9 en_alertflg = ""
         10 en_resource = ""
         11 en_rtype = ""
         12 en_rclass = ""
         13 en_method = "/usr/local/pacificare/email_errlog $1"
         14

    I use this to send emails after email_errlog has filtered.

    To test, use errlogger and then tail /var/adm/syslog.

    Kevin Adams
    PacifiCare Behavioral Health
    Principal Systems Analyst
    AIX CATE