Re: gcc Installation

From: Darryl Ousterhout (D.Ousterhout_at_LABSAFETY.COM)
Date: 04/28/04

    Date:         Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:28:12 -0500
    To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU

    Not exactly sure what o/s your on or if you need the absolute latest
    version, but here's what I did, with 3.3.2.

    Got to

    I downloaded gcc 3.3.2 for AIX 5.2 it comes in a .exe. Change the perms
    on it and run it. It will extract a .bff which is installable with

    Or, if your not sure what your install did, type 'which gcc' and see if
    it's in the /usr/bin/ path. If it's /usr/bin/gcc, your all set.