Filename conversion to uppercase

faisalq_at_CYBER.NET.PK
Date: 04/30/04

    Date:         Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:01:36 +0500
    To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU

    Dear all,

    We need to write a script to convert filenames to uppercase. How can that be
    done?

    For e.g. abc.txt needs to be renamed to ABC.TXT

    Regards

    --1083390016@njilife.com--

    • Re: Uppercasing filenames
      ... > I need to convert a bunch of filenames to uppercase. ... I tried the script below, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Uppercasing filenames
      ... > I need to convert a bunch of filenames to uppercase. ... I tried the script ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Uppercasing filenames
      ... >> I need to convert a bunch of filenames to uppercase. ... I tried the script below, ... > for mds in * ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Uppercasing filenames
      ... > I need to convert a bunch of filenames to uppercase. ... > script below, which does...nothing. ... That's assuming that you want any files with all uppercase filenames to ...