vt100 terminfo works differently at AIX 5.3 than AIX 4.3.3
- From: Denny Watkins <watkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:30:19 -0500
I'm running AIX 5.3 on a P5-550 machine and AIX 4.3.3 on an F50.
For some reason any PC software running the vt100 terminal
emulation handles the BACKSPACE and DELETE keys differently
at AIX 5.3 than AIX 4.3.3.
At AIX 4.3.3 the backspace erases the character completely from the screen
as the cursor moves backwards.
At AIX 5.3 the backspace moves the cursor back but leaves the character.
Note: the character is actually erases but still shows.
At AIX 4.3.3 the delete key erases all characters back to the AIX prompt.
At AIX 5.3 the delete key shows the character "§" and does not clear the
characters back to the prompt. Note: The line is actually deleted/cleared
even though the cursor doesn't move back to the AIX prompt.
Does anyone have a good source file (i.e. dec.ti file) that works like the
AIX 4.3.3 vt100-am at AIX 5.3 that I could try to use?
Director Computer Services
1501 Morningside Ave
Sioux City, Ia 51106-1717
- Prev by Date: Re: Topas - Memory Stats
- Next by Date: deleting user data on old system
- Previous by thread: Topas - Memory Stats
- Next by thread: deleting user data on old system