From: IBM AIX Discussion List [mailto:aix-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Larry Scheetz
Sent: 02 October 2006 16:45
To: aix-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Nmon scheduling question

Admins,

I know that nmon32 is not a supported tool by IBM but was wondering how
others had it setup. I have it installed on all my AIX 5.2 boxes and it
works great. I have used the analyzer spread sheet and all. I really like
this tool. I would like to add this as a cron entry to run everyday and
keep the files for maybe a week at a time. I want to make sure because
these look like they can get sizeable. What I was going to put is the
following: 0 1 * * * /tmp/nmon_aix32 -s600 -c 144

Does anyone have a suggestion on a cron setting so that I can capture daily
snapshots throughout the day but for the entire day?

Thx

Larry

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WORD doc info into FMP?
    ... it appears that each line of the entry follows the format ... number of any given type of field (Location, script, sets etc.) you might ... into a separate record in a database, and a separate related "database 2" ... Ten Nights in a Barroom (New York State Archives) ...
    (comp.databases.filemaker)
  • RE: Need some MySQL query help...
    ... attempting to run the script: ... passed to the database. ... passwd entry to the current database entry. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: How to make Apache (2.2.4) less greedy, or Sendmail less polite? [semi-solved]
    ... Then I make an entry in my /etc/hosts.allow file that denies access to all in my hosts.deny file. ... Firstly, I took some measures to figure out where the issues came from, and using Apache's "server-status" handler, I noticed the script that caused Apache to choke up, was a PHP script that shows entries of photographic events that I organise from time to time. ... I then wondered why, as this script never caused trouble before, and while checking the server status I did already notice that the "store comments" script was called very often. ... the machines that were used for this, and I will report them to the proper anti spam authorities, such that they will be blacklisted Internet wide. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: writing a continuous checking script.
    ... cron entry - run the script at 9 AM ... starts pppd with the persist option, and kicks it into the background. ...
    (comp.os.linux.questions)
  • Re: Windows Explorer size reverting to 800x600
    ... I've pre-empted your reply and looking at your script I realise that the ... A similar entry exists in ... All of the folders are on a local drive. ... Const conBagMRUSize = _ ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)