print subsystem errors

I am looking for ideas on where a problem might be...
I have an application that executes a shell script to print jobs.

Periodically (not every time) the print subsystem throws out this message

Message from queueing system:
=====> MESSAGE FROM PRINT JOB 187870 (report-name)
0782-006 -z flag not supported for the print file type, printer language,
and printer type selected for the print job. Check the flags.
<EOT>

I can take the same command issued in the shell script; and issue it on
command line - using the exact same report and printer
that previoulsy got the above error.. and it prints everytime with no
message.

The command:

qprt -c -w 132 -p 12 -P print_que -z 1 print_file_name

Any ideas on why this message randomly occurs when the shell script is
used, but not when command line is used?

Christina (Tina) Lewis
Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM)
UNIX System's Administrator
Desk: 757-631-3331
Email: Christina_Lewis@xxxxxxxxxx
ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION
Our domain name is changing. Please take note of the sender's
e-Mail address and make changes to your personal address list,
if needed. Both domains will continue to work, only for a limited
time.
This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or agency to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the Navy
Exchange Service Command e-mail administrator. This footnote
also confirms that this email message has been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.

Thank You!