Re: p550 LHEA and port trunking

All,

I found the answer to this.

It is necessary on the AIX partition to set up an ethernet interface of the type vlan to get the packets tagged outbound.

This can be done via smitty vlan

This creates an interface similar to what you see with etherchannel. The ip number then needs assigned to the vlan interface.

Shawn Geil wrote:
yeah thats exactly what i've found the documentation is non-existent or still refers to the p5 SEA methods.

I was trying to avoid the support call because that can be a painful experience.

Thanks

Mills, John T wrote:
Ahh. You are using VLAN tagging on T1 to support multiple VLANs. Yeah
based on my experience, which is limited, with the IVE impletmentations,
I can see where that may have issues. We aren't using VLAN tagging but
we spent a couple of days going through what limited documentation is
available just to get aggregation working. Sorry I can't be more help.
You may want to engage support on this one. I haven't met very many
people that really understand IVE's restrictions for different
implementations, and, I couldn't find any resource that really explained
the how-to of each scenario.

John T. Mills