From: IBM AIX Discussion List [mailto:aix-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
AIX
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 10:11 PM
To: aix-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: NIM installation types

That paragraph is talking about SPOT resource that we create from lpp
resource.

Spot installation type is different to spot resource.

If you do 'smitty nim_bosinst', after choosing the desired machine,
there will be 3 choice:

rte , mksysb or spot installation type. After choosing the installation
type then

You will choose spot and lpp resource.

In any of these installation types , we can choose lpp source and spot
resource.

My question is only about the spot installation type and not spot
resource.

I have installed fresh AIX by choosing spot installation type and had no
problem,

Maybe because I always chose lpp resource along with spot resource, but
just recently

noticed that if I choose spot installation type, migration option will
not show up in AIX

installation menu. With spot installation only fresh installation and
preserve installation

would show up.