Re: Fw: [aix-l] VIO Server

I understand that...but in this case...knowing it's the same thing I'd not
worry about it. But the VIO instructions should accomplish the same thing
w/out a reboot. Even the "activatevg" man page indicates it will do the
sync.

Syntax
activatevg [-f ] VolumeGroup
Description
The activatevg command activates the volume group specified by the
VolumeGroup parameter and all associated logical
volumes. When a volume group is activated, physical partitions are
synchronized if they are not current.

We will generally execute a "varyonvg vgname" after mirroring to do just
that, initiate the disk sync. ...that is if you were mirroring specific
LV's or forgot to use the -S flag of "mirrorvg."

There is very little you should actually need to reboot a VIO server for.
Frank