openldap 2.0.21 on AIX 5.3

Is anybody running openldap 2.021 (installed from the RPM provided at
<http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/aix/linux/toolbox/alpha.html>)
on AIX 5.3?

I can install it without errors, but I can't seem to configure it to
do anything particularly useful. I've followed various howtos that
I've found on the Web, and while I can get as far as creating a
searchable database on Linux (just to make sure that the problem isn't
necessarily me!), on AIX the same configurations don't seem to work.

Rather than clutter the list with my configs and ldifs, can somebody
confirm whether openldap is actually functional in AIX, or if I should
install something other than the RPM?

Sean
--
Sean Carte
esAL Library Systems Manager

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Newbie question
    ... I see a lot of software on the "IBM AIX Toolbox For Linux Applications" ... Should I be able to install things like kdesdk, ... You are finding one of the failings of RPM. ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: Newbie question
    ... AIX is a UNIX-Like OS ... Linux is a UNIX-Like OS ... Should I be able to install things like kdesdk, ... You are finding one of the failings of RPM. ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: Apache for AIX 5.2
    ... When I tried to install Apache 1.3.31 from an RPM, ... for AIX 5.2 ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: Newbie question
    ... You can also include more than one rpm file on the rpm command line. ... As far as I know there are no tools like "yum" available on AIX. ... Some times packages require certain LPP packages or APARs to be ... Should I be able to install things like kdesdk, ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: rsync progress
    ... rpm was also installed. ... I don't think you /can/ install rpm on Ubuntu. ... Package management systems are one of the deepest divides between Linux distros. ... The first distro, pretty much, was the Softlanding Linux System, SLS. ...
    (Ubuntu)