Re: SFTP server for Windows wish SSH console functionality

When I was working for the Navy (contractor once removed), open source was
permitted on some projects and on others when the resulting software was
compiled on site using commercial compilers.

Is this an option? could you compile the openssh and openssl so long as
you started with source files that could themselves be examined for ...
etc.?

If you were on Z or Linux on Z, I could point you to Tectia.

Have you looked at VanDyke Software VShell? It is an SSH server that also
contains SCP, SFTP, Secure FTP over SSL (FTPS).

http://www.vandyke.com/products/vshell/index.html

Many thanks!

Bruce T.

Bruce T. Harvey
AIX Network Engineer

Bill Verzal <bjverzal@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
11/10/10 12:27 PM
Please respond to
IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

aix-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[aix-l] SFTP server for Windows wish SSH console functionality

I've looked at countless vendors. I'm coming up empty-handed.
Shareware/Freeware is not an option because this is for a government
agency.

I need a SFTP server for Windows so I can copy files from AIX to Windows,
but the SFTP server needs to be able to allow me to SSH to the server to
perform file manipulation as well, once the file has been copied.

Anyone offer any assistance?

BV

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the sender. This message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US Law. The postal address for PNC is 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If you do not wish to receive any additional advertising or promotional messages from PNC at this e-mail address, click here to unsubscribe. https://pnc.p.delivery.net/m/u/pnc/uni/p.asp By unsubscribing to this message, you will be unsubscribed from all advertising or promotional messages from PNC. Removing your e-mail address from this mailing list will not affect your subscription to alerts, e-newsletters or account servicing e-mails.