Re: sched_lock && thread_lock()

Alan Cox wrote:
Attilio Rao wrote:

Bruce Evans wrote:

4 more translation errors breaking 8 counters altogether (v_vnodepgsin
is broken twice):

Thanks a lot for the revision, there will be a pending patch in the next hour.

Hello,
Let me know if this patch is right for you and if you have feedbacks, comments, etc:
http://users.gufi.org/~rookie/works/patches/schedlock/vmmeter3.diff

This should fix translation errors Bruce has found and switching the _SET() method in order to being a simple assignment (as Bruce has suggested).

Let me offer a simple rule of thumb for VMCNT_ADD() vs. PCPU_LAZY_INC(): If the field is NOT under the section labeled "Distribution of page usages." in vmmeter, then PCPU_LAZY_INC() is preferable to VMCNT_ADD() implemented with an atomic op.

Ok, I've updated the patch following your suggestion.
I just left out that vmmeter fields which needs to be incremented not by one but by another value (since PCPU_LAZY_INC() just increments by 1).

Do you think it is more appropriate to expand the PCPU_LAZY_*() interface and let it cover increments not by 1 too?

It would let grow the patch notably since we need to touch all architectures for that however...

Thanks,
Attilio

  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: VIDEO: YF-23 reborn as Romanian, rocket-powered, sea-based, space launcher
    ... wings to free yourself from the launch cart when you get past stall ... zoom climb, pitch down for orbital insertion, and release and fire the ... orbital rocket, let it go supersonic. ... altitude here or all the way into orbit? ...
    (sci.space.policy)
  • Re: Favoritre anime starships
    ... than to drag your puny technology up into orbit?! ... We'll make it a trade. ... Orbital insertion in exchange for ALL YOU CAN ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: The Sci-Fi Rejection Letter That Time Forgot
    ... nations have stockpiled arsenals of these incredible bombs and the time the story is set. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)