separating out memory checks from INVARIANTS

I find that the serialization of memory allocation frequently hides
race conditions. I would like to, at the very least, add an option to
disable the memory checks if not make the memory checks a completely
separate option. My knee jerk reaction to avoiding bikesheds is to
simply add it to my own tree and forget about it. However, this has
come up often enough that I feel that it warrants consideration.

Thoughts?

-Kip

  • Re: share a structure array containing multidimensional char array
    ... When you want to deserialize/serialize a managed type to/from unmanaged memory, you have to use the same serializer/deserializer at both sides, that means you also need to use .NET to serialize/deserialize at the C++ side. ... Besides the structures, you also have to store the number of structures serialized to the shared memory buffer and the size of the individual structure members, without this info it's impossible for the reader to determine the number of array members and the size of the structure members. ... HANDLE hKernel; ... > Mapping a datastructure, whatever it's type, in a serialization. ...
  • Re: share a structure array containing multidimensional char array
    ... memory, you have to use the same serializer/deserializer at both sides, that ... Deserialization Error: ... C++ code doesnot make any serialization. ... instance as an int value at the start of the MM segment. ...
  • Re: Write class/struct object to file
    ... the code can not directly access memory which is totally ... Serialization feature as Sam suggested. ... Here are some articles introducing .net binary serialization: ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ...
  • Re: How do I measure the size of a dataset?
    ... I am concern about the web server memory that this dataset might occupy. ... The memory that a dataset occupies might not be equal with the size of the dataset's serialization result ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
  • Re: big-little
    ... "The IBM 370 memory model can be viewed as a combination of a restricted total store ordering ... The 370 also provides serialization instructions similar to the MB instruction of Alpha. ... In order to "see" i.e. read the value the other CPU has to get the ... But if the value is modified cache line is now owned by ...
    (comp.arch)