Re: Trimming the default /boot/device.hints
- From: "M. Warner Losh" <imp@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 23:44:12 -0700 (MST)
In message: <20090126220229.GR5889@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Alfred Perlstein <alfred@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
: * John Baldwin <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxx> [090126 13:57] wrote:
: > On Monday 26 January 2009 3:38:24 pm Alfred Perlstein wrote:
: > > There's no way to conditionally include them based on if
: > > ISA is present?
: > No, but I dare you to show me a box with ISA expansion slots that you plan to
: > run 8.0 on. :) Or rather, I dare you to show me _enough_ of said boxes to
: > where removing these hints from the default set will inconvenience more users
: > than the folks having their ethernet come up as le1 in vmware guests. :)
: I agree with you, I was just wondering if it was just a matter of
: a few lines of code somehow so that some enthusiast who wants to play
: with FreeBSD on some old piece of junk doesn't get some cryptic
: error that sort of reduces them to "toggling in load.conf tunables
: at the console". :)
They'll get nothing.
freebsd-arch@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-arch-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: Trimming the default /boot/device.hints
- Next by Date: Re: need for another mutex type/flag?
- Previous by thread: Re: Trimming the default /boot/device.hints
- Next by thread: Re: Trimming the default /boot/device.hints