Re: Support for 3com 3CRWE154G72 wireless 11g card

From: M. Warner Losh (imp_at_bsdimp.com)
Date: 10/04/03

    Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 09:45:06 -0600 (MDT)
    To: brad.knowles@skynet.be

    In message: <p06002002bba46e790b4c@[10.0.1.4]>
                Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be> writes:
    : At 2:02 AM -0700 2003/10/04, Johan Petersson wrote:
    :
    : > I have not found any reliable information about which chipset
    : > is used, but one page with a Linux 11g driver suggests it
    : > might be an Intersil ISL38xx, perhaps ISL3890. They claim
    : > that their driver works fine.
    :
    : So far as I know, only the Atheros chipset has any support under
    : *BSD. Broadcom won't release the details of their hardware access
    : layer (HAL) except under NDA. Are there any other 802.11g chipsets?

    Yes. Prism/Intersil has a set of 'g' chips called Indigo and Duette.
    There's a linux driver for it.

    Warner

    • The New Linux Economy
      ... I have been having a bear of a time trying to acquire a Linux driver ... for my S3/ProSavage chipset -- but that quest is now almost at an end as I ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
    • Re: Well, here goes....
      ... For PCI card modems, ... Only after your chipset has been ... modem driver, supplied by the modem company's OWN site (not the place ... advanced doctorate in linux networking and developement... ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: The New Linux Economy
      ... Interesting to hear you would pay for something that the majority of people ... I like Linux, ... Perhaps if you did have to pay for your driver you would have ... > for my S3/ProSavage chipset -- but that quest is now almost at an end as I ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
    • Re: AMD 64 setup
      ... > concern about the motherboard compatibility with Linux. ... Conventional wisdom is that AMD Athlon64 systems need pretty beefy power ... on paper, but the last time I checked, Linux driver ... (I've got an MSI board with a K8T800/VT8237 chipset, ...
      (comp.os.linux.hardware)
    • Re: Fedora 5 - Intel Pro/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter woes.
      ... Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection Adapter ... IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE USING THIS DRIVER ... Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection driver for Linux available ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)