Status reports - why not regularly?

From: Antal Rutz (arutz_at_mimoza.pantel.net)
Date: 01/13/04

    Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:39:03 +0100
    To: freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org

    Hi.

    I just read the status report of the year 2003 from DragonFlyBSD.

    I ask (not only) myself why don't we have something like this monthly or
    bi-monthly. I regularly read the cvs-src and current lists, but surely there
    are many developments that I can't understand from the commit messages. And
    what about a regular user, who just reads some relnotes and can't see the
    continuous work?

    There are weekly news about what code got into the latest Linux kernels.
    But I'd like to know what's going on about FreeBSD! I don't think so that it
    would take a whole day to just write down a few lines every (second) month
    about the work is in progress and/or done.

    The last of these reports was written in September last year (by Scott Long
    and Robert Watson).
    pity.

    My intention is far from hurting anybody. Just want to get the information
    what other OS-users (linux/dragonfly) got.

    --
    --arutz

    • Re: Status reports - why not regularly?
      ... In message, Antal Rutz writes: ... >I just read the status report of the year 2003 from DragonFlyBSD. ... Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence. ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Report is slow for non administrator Access 2007
      ... the Report_Open event I load the serverfilter property to filter the report.. ... In 2007 as a regular user it seems to hang for quite a while ... In SQL server profiler in 2003 and as admin in 2007 the filtered query gets ...
      (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
    • Re: Status reports - why not regularly?
      ... Antal Rutz writes: ... > I just read the status report of the year 2003 from DragonFlyBSD. ... DES ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: Subreport repeating
      ... I have a report which is 1 main report and a subreport (in the Details ... or to do with my underlying data? ... I would apreciate any help as I'm not a regular user of Access ...
      (microsoft.public.access.reports)