Status reports - why not regularly?

From: Antal Rutz (arutz_at_mimoza.pantel.net)
Date: 01/13/04

    Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:39:03 +0100
    To: freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org

    Hi.

    I just read the status report of the year 2003 from DragonFlyBSD.

    I ask (not only) myself why don't we have something like this monthly or
    bi-monthly. I regularly read the cvs-src and current lists, but surely there
    are many developments that I can't understand from the commit messages. And
    what about a regular user, who just reads some relnotes and can't see the
    continuous work?

    There are weekly news about what code got into the latest Linux kernels.
    But I'd like to know what's going on about FreeBSD! I don't think so that it
    would take a whole day to just write down a few lines every (second) month
    about the work is in progress and/or done.

    The last of these reports was written in September last year (by Scott Long
    and Robert Watson).
    pity.

    My intention is far from hurting anybody. Just want to get the information
    what other OS-users (linux/dragonfly) got.

    --
    --arutz