Mandrake 10 Beta Versus FreeBSD 5.2

From: Brett Wildermoth (B.Wildermoth_at_griffith.edu.au)
Date: 02/11/04

    To: freebsd-current@freebsd.org
    Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:56:35 +1000

    Just thought I'd let you all know of my new discovery

    On two identical DELL Optiplex GX270 3.0GHz machines I installed
    Mandrake 10 Beta on one and FreeBSD 5.2 on the other. I ran "glxgears"
    on both and here are the results

    Mandrake 10: 388 Frames per Second
    FreeBSD 5.2: 644 Frames per Second (almost twice the performance)

    What they say about FreeBSD is true, it is faster than LINUX, especially
    since the LINUX kernel put on weight.

    Brett

    "You're not out of shape... because technically a circle is a shape."
    Scott Adams, 2003.