Mandrake 10 Beta Versus FreeBSD 5.2

From: Brett Wildermoth (B.Wildermoth_at_griffith.edu.au)
Date: 02/11/04

    To: freebsd-current@freebsd.org
    Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:56:35 +1000

    Just thought I'd let you all know of my new discovery

    On two identical DELL Optiplex GX270 3.0GHz machines I installed
    Mandrake 10 Beta on one and FreeBSD 5.2 on the other. I ran "glxgears"
    on both and here are the results

    Mandrake 10: 388 Frames per Second
    FreeBSD 5.2: 644 Frames per Second (almost twice the performance)

    What they say about FreeBSD is true, it is faster than LINUX, especially
    since the LINUX kernel put on weight.

    Brett

    --------------------------------\\<O>\|/<O>//---------------------------------

    "You're not out of shape... because technically a circle is a shape."
    Scott Adams, 2003.

    • Re: xcdroast
      ... Fedora Core 3 and Mandrake are easiest with FreeBSD and OpenBSD ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: 2.6-test2: gcc-3.3.1 warning.
      ... On 07.29, Tomas Szepe wrote: ... > The latest stable version of the Linux kernel is: ... What about Mandrake people? ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • RE: Installation - More user friendly
      ... Like every OS you need to learn it, FreeBSD is robust and userfriendly ... Onderwerp: Re: Installation - More user friendly ... When I worked with Mandrake some time ago I ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • RE: Installation - More user friendly
      ... Like every OS you need to learn it, FreeBSD is robust and userfriendly ... Onderwerp: Re: Installation - More user friendly ... When I worked with Mandrake some time ago I ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: POLL:What is your least favourite Distro?
      ... > and just about to try FreeBSD (yeep I know it's not Linux, ... > Mandrake was the first I tried... ... > windows, but after seeing other distros like Knoppix, and after finding ...
      (alt.os.linux)