Re: FBSD 5.2.1-p4 and mysqld problems

From: Ganbold (ganbold_at_micom.mng.net)
Date: 04/05/04

    Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 10:49:50 +0900
    To: chancedj@yahoo.com

    Hi Daryl,

    I have exactly same problem as you. I have FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT (did cvsup
    on March 23) with mysql-4.0.18 from ports collection.
    It is compiled with linuxthreads. Mysql is working fine, except it
    sometimes freezes, sometimes one or two tables get corrupted.
    Usually freezes once per day. Just freezes and I had to kill mysql process
    and start.

    Did you solve your problem? I also downloaded latest snapshot from
    mysql.com web site and installed, but nothing changes.
    Let me know if you find something.

    TIA,

    Ganbold

    At 12:48 PM 03.04.2004, you wrote:
    >ah! thanks :)
    >
    >It just happened again and I was able to collect the
    >data again.
    >
    >Before I did mysqladmin shutdown/killall -11 mysqld
    >http://sql.tribalwar.com/before-ps.txt
    >
    >a few times the 3 giant processes would show as -, but
    >then it got to the point where they weren't changing
    >one bit (staying at Giant)
    >
    >after I did mysqladmin shutdown/killall -11 mysqld
    >http://sql.tribalwar.com/after-ps.txt
    >
    >this eventually cleared up after a minute or so.
    >
    >I've given some serious thought to upgrading to
    >-CURRENT, but with the network stack commit comming
    >soon (or happening now), I don't want to get caught in
    >the middle of it and have severe problems. Perhaps I
    >should use a tag for the time right around the sysctl
    >change for the mp stack?
    >
    >The guy running the site just wants me to (have
    >someone at the colo) format the machine and go back to
    >4.9.
    >
    >Oh, I now have witness in the kernel...no deadlocks
    >from what I've seen.
    >
    >HTH,
    >Daryl
    >
    >--- Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com> wrote:
    > > On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Daryl Chance wrote:
    > >
    > > > Thanks for your response. It just happened a few
    > > > minutes ago and i was able to capture all the
    > > output
    > > > into a text file.
    > > >
    > > > http://sql.tribalwar.com/ps.txt
    > >
    > > oops, sorry, I get those confused. You want 'ps
    > > axlwww'. WCHAN will be a
    > > string like "select".
    > >
    > > > I have WITNESS* options compiled into the kernel
    > > and
    > > > am going to reboot soon. Do you think it would
    > > help
    > > > in debugging this to see if there are any
    > > deadlocks?
    > >
    > > Potentially, although I get 100% cpu loops with kde
    > > that won't trigger any
    > > witness or invariants checks.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Doug White | FreeBSD: The Power
    > > to Serve
    > > dwhite@gumbysoft.com | www.FreeBSD.org

    • Re: hang with mysql in execute
      ... I've had this happen before with the C mysql lib. ... >>Thanks, Chris ... >>Do you Yahoo!? ... Small Business - Try our new resources site! ...
      (perl.dbi.users)
    • RE: ODBC logging via ISS Internet Scanner
      ... “ISS ODBC LOGGING” ... > MySQL server. ... I have a ODBC connection to this MySQL ... >> Check out Yahoo! ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: snort logging in mysql on Debian!
      ... > I am not able to log into mysql. ... > degisiklige ugrayarak ulasmasindan veya gec ulasmasindan, ... The all-new My Yahoo! ...
      (Debian-User)
    • RE: File not found error
      ... after downloading, issuing a mv or rm command does not ... error: File not found by glob: MySql* ... Check out the new Yahoo! ... unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
      (RedHat)