Re: panic: APIC: Previous IPI is stuck

From: Doug White (dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com)
Date: 07/18/04

    Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:53:13 -0700 (PDT)
    To: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>

    On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Kris Kennaway wrote:

    > > Does it only happen with a constant $NCPU+ load average? I have never
    > > seen it here.
    >
    > Yeah, it's usually a pretty busy machine. It does a lot of
    > buildworlds, nfs, concurrent www serving and ssh dispatching.

    I triggered one of these last weekend, too. Peter mentioned something to
    me about it being caused by both CPUs IPIng at once and there no deadlock
    avoidance in that case. It died for me in installworld, though, which
    made for a messy fixup job.

    I guess our work on getting the kernel free-running is uncovering all
    sorts of fun issues.

    dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org