Re: panic: APIC: Previous IPI is stuck

From: Doug White (dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com)
Date: 07/18/04

    Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:53:13 -0700 (PDT)
    To: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>

    On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Kris Kennaway wrote:

    > > Does it only happen with a constant $NCPU+ load average? I have never
    > > seen it here.
    >
    > Yeah, it's usually a pretty busy machine. It does a lot of
    > buildworlds, nfs, concurrent www serving and ssh dispatching.

    I triggered one of these last weekend, too. Peter mentioned something to
    me about it being caused by both CPUs IPIng at once and there no deadlock
    avoidance in that case. It died for me in installworld, though, which
    made for a messy fixup job.

    I guess our work on getting the kernel free-running is uncovering all
    sorts of fun issues.

    dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org

    • Re: supressing java and mozilla while building openoffice?
      ... Kris Kennaway wrote: ... >> only told of the next download needed by error messages rather than ... your life will be much simpler if you just use ... Yeah, but it's like beating your back with a stick--it feels so good ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • Re: Mesa port is gone
      ... Kris Kennaway wrote: ... >>KDE seems to rely on version 3, so what exactly is the situation? ... > misinterpreting what it says. ... Yeah, you're right as always, Kris. ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • Re: KDE3 failed to build in 5.3-RC1
      ... > Kris Kennaway wrote: ... >> Yeah, but does it exist on your system? ... > whether it's safe to rm this directory. ... Probably an admin incorrectly used pwor another user-addition tool. ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • Re: Reflections on Trusting Trust
      ... > Kris Kennaway wrote: ... > gzipped tarballs to bzip2ed tarballs for packages. ... Yeah, ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)