HEADS UP! BIND 9.2.3 coming soon!

From: Scott Long (scottl_at_samsco.org)
Date: 09/16/04

    Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:11:23 -0600
    To: current@freebsd.org

    All,

    I wanted to give everyone fair warning that BIND 9.2.3 will be replacing
    the ancient BIND8 in HEAD/6-CURRENT in the next few days, likely this
    weekend. If you are running production BIND servers then you might want
    to hop over to http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/sw/bind/FAQ.php and read up
    to make sure you won't have any surprises. BIND9 will then be merged to
    RELENG_5 once it has settled in HEAD and will be the default for the 5.3
    release. There are no plans to merge it into RELENG_4 or any other
    branch at this time. I know that it is quite late in the release cycle
    to be doing this, but it is probably the highest requested feature for
    5.3 at this point and we need to switch to the 9.x codebase for RELENG_5
    since the 8.x codebase is quite old and is nearing the end of its life.
    Many thanks and best of luck to Dag-Erling Smørgrav and Tom Rhodes for
    leading this effort.

    Scott