Re: WEP Encryption Changes

From: Ryan Sommers (ryans_at_gamersimpact.com)
Date: 02/04/05

    Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:09:49 -0700 (MST)
    To: "Tai-hwa Liang" <avatar@mmlab.cse.yzu.edu.tw>

    Tai-hwa Liang said:
    > On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko wrote:
    >> On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 21:14 -0600, Ryan Sommers wrote:
    >> I remember having to add 'weptxkey 1' to the ifconfig line when these
    >> changes went in.
    >>
    > It's a -CURRENT cvsup'ed on Jan-28-2005. Setting the default TX key
    > with "deftxkey" did the trick for me.

    Setting weptxkey worked. Setting the default didn't or at least it didn't
    the number of times I tried setting it.

    One thing I find odd is that the wepkey isn't automatically set as the Tx
    key as well. Are there any implementations that by default don't use the
    same key for Rx and Tx?

    Either way, I've added this to my list of things to look at. I don't
    imagine it being all that difficult to set the Tx key to the first entered
    WEP key.

    --
    Ryan Sommers
    ryans@gamersimpact.com