WPA + ipw + Linksys WRT54G

From: Daniel O'Connor (doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au)
Date: 06/29/05

    To: freebsd-current@freebsd.org
    Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:55:24 +0930

    Hi,
    I am trying to get WPA working with my new Linksys WRT54G. I am running
    current (updated today) with ipw.

    ipw0: <Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2100 MiniPCI> mem 0xfaffc000-0xfaffcfff irq 9 at device 3.0 on pci2
    ipw0: Ethernet address: 00:04:23:a4:12:74
    ipw0: [GIANT-LOCKED]

    I have the following wpa_supplicant.conf..
    # allow frontend (e.g., wpa_cli) to be used by all users in 'wheel' group
    ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
    ctrl_interface_group=wheel
    ap_scan=1

    network={
            ssid="sarah"
            key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
            pairwise=TKIP
            psk="somepassword"
    }

    network={
            ssid="dons"
            key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
            pairwise=TKIP
            psk="somepassword"
            proto=WPA
    }

    I have v1.3 firmware. I've attached the output of the kernel when running
    with ./80211debug +debug +auth +scan, as well as the output of wpa_supplicant.

    Anyone have any hints?
    I have the WRT54G at the latest firmware too (4.00.7)

    are so many of them to choose from."
      -- Andrew Tanenbaum

    • RE: Wireless access
      ... If you are interested in making your wireless linksys router a little more powerful you should check out Sveasoft's firmware version for the Linksys WRT54G. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: [SLE] WRT54G wireless woes
      ... >> Just got a Linksys WRT54G and putting it through its paces. ... How did you install the latest firmware using SuSE Linux? ... How did you load it if it's only available for Windows? ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Name resolution for local names using DHCP
      ... addresses to mac addresses and be done with it. ... the stock firmware in the Linksys WRT54G does not allow you ... The version you download depends on the version of the Linksys WRT54G. ... I just run a forwarding DNS. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Share wifi but NOT network
      ... I have a Linksys WRT54G which has ver. ... never upgraded the firmware but I believe I have the latest drivers. ... DD-WRT, this is easy, is this the hardware and firmware you are using? ... fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong. ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: Router for Live - Recommendations
      ... I've had good luck with my Linksys WRT54G, ... "The WRT54G is famous for being the first consumer-level network device ... This allows programmers to modify the firmware to ...
      (alt.games.video.xbox)