Re: Firefox dies unexpectedly.

From: Scott Robbins (
Date: 10/11/05

    Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:49:02 -0400
    To: freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG

    On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 02:03:01PM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
    > [broken quoting fixed]
    > Derrick Edwards <> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I have the same problem with Mozilla since I switched from RELENG_5 to
    > > > RELENG_6. I've rebuilt all my ports completely but it keeps crashing
    > > > from time to time. This can happen after hours or after a few minutes,
    > > > mostly when klicking a link.
    > >
    > > I am seeing the same thing also. I updated my /etc/libmap.conf for FreeBSD 6.
    > > I recompiled Firefox also. When I go to, firefox dies.
    > Do you happen to have any unusual settings in your
    > /etc/make.conf file? Particularly CFLAGS?

    One thing--I have been guilty of this too--on does it die as in
    crash or die as in freeze? I find that native firefox will freeze on
    some flash heavy sites (this thread's come up on forums from time to
    time.) is one, when one tries to view the
    description of a particular show's listing is another. (The same holds
    for mozilla and epiphany and no doubt any others using gecko).

    They don't crash as in close, leaving a .core file--they simply freeze
    completely, not responding to keyboard or mouse.

    - --

    GPG KeyID EB3467D6
    ( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)
    gpg --keyserver --recv-keys EB3467D6

    Xander: I have my pride. Okay, so I don't have a *lot* of my pride,
    but I have enough so that I can't do this.
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (FreeBSD)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----