Re: 1kHz noise from C3 sleep

From: Alexander Leidinger (Alexander_at_Leidinger.net)
Date: 10/23/05

    Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 12:13:38 +0200
    To: Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>

    On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:25:59 -0700
    Nate Lawson <nate@root.org> wrote:

    > Alexander Leidinger wrote:
    > > Nate Lawson <nate@root.org> wrote:
    > >
    > > [Moving to -current]

    > >> I use hz=100 on my systems due to the 1 khz noise from C3 sleep.
    > >> Windows has the same problem.
    > >

    > > My laptop makes noises when being (more or less) idle (I think I enabled
    > > C3...). Does this mean I should try to change HZ?
    >
    > Sure, you can do it from a tunable (kern.hz I think), you don't have to
    > recompile.

    No, a HZ of 100 doesn't work, the laptop still makes noises. And it
    only has C2, no C3...

    Bye,
    Alexander.

    --
                          Loose bits sink chips.

    • Re: Updated ec-burst.diff patch
      ... On Tuesday 01 July 2003 10:07, Nate Lawson wrote: ... > Please download and try the new version. ... > burst mode to the best of the 2.0 spec. ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • RE: trouble with kernel
      ... Subject: trouble with kernel ... kernel do i have to recompile it to make it work and if so how do i ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Penalty of SELinux?
      ... To recompile, you have to use GCC, which is a resource ... But last I knew they only distributed security patches (between distribution releases) as source code, so if you want the latest fixes you have to compile from source. ... On the plus side, security fixes to the base system are fairly uncommon in *BSD -- since FreeBSD 6.2 was released in January, there have only been six of them, for example. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Building a 2.6.30 kernel that does NOT require initrd
      ... to have to recompile, although with all the tools thats easy. ... never learned to build the initrd file, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Linux kernel image 2.6.23-1 + sound card yamaha YMF-754
      ... see that the config file has: ... that not too many people go through a recompile. ... vanilla sources. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)