Re: bge(4) problem

Hi Gleb,

thanks for your help.

P> But I have a problem with two dual port Broadcom cards plugged in into
P> this box:
P> <Broadcom BCM5704C Dual Gigabit Ethernet, ASIC rev. 0x2100>

Not related to problem, but how did you managed to install two PCI
cards into 1U server?

There is a adapter so they are sitting parallel to the mainboard.

Are the NICs a copper ones? Do they work properly against each other,
or against any other equipment?

Yes, they are copper. I did not try to connect them against each other but I tried to connect them to the data centre uplink (100 MBit, I do not know what it is..anyway, the onboard cards are working with it.) It worked with 100MBit but I saw the same packet loss there.

Since you are connecting them to a switch that is 1000 km away, I suppose you are using some media converters; what equipment is the NIC connected to?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Both, Dell Powerswitch and server, are 1000 km away (in Sydney, I am sitting in Melbourne) but they are both in the same rack connected by a 2m CAT-6 cable.

The fact that I am 1000km away limits my ability to access the hardware. I only have remote console access.

Do you have a proven evidence that Linux works properly in the same setup?
What is the version of Linux kernel?

I tried a Fedora Core 4 rescue CD. All NICs were working fine with them. It is a 2.6.11 kernel (heavily patched by Red Hat so it is far from being a vanilla 2.6.11).

Thanks again for your answer
Peter

  • Re: OTA ATSC Noise Problem
    ... knowledgeable will buy $10,000 instruments to measure MER, and fully justify ... the investment cost, including the inherent accuracy and the precision of ... routers on types of interface cards and protocols. ... that piece of test equipment... ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Announcement: Upcoming V:tes Storyline Events!
    ... if there is no equipment in the draft packs? ... either Alastor or Anarch based except for vessel and hawg. ... Except for the whole number of cards per booster issue mentioned ...
    (rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad)
  • Re: Third Edition Card Distributiion
    ... I am concerned with the distribution I have seen ... Missing Cards: ... Codex of the Damned R Equipment ... Protected Resources R Master ...
    (rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad)
  • WANTED - Computer Networking, Telecom & Datacom Equipment - Software & More
    ... I respond to ALL emails from people or companies serious about selling their equipment. ... For an immediate offer on your Cisco Equipment, please let me know the full part number, Quantity, and a contact info where you can be reached. ... I have a company migrating most of their services to the ASR 9010 so any cards you have for this equipment is of interest. ... AVAYA PARTNER IN ACS EQUIPMENT, AVAYA MAJIX EQUIPMENT AND CENTRAL OFFICE EQUIPMENT. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • WANTED - Computer Networking, Telecom & Datacom Equipment - Software & More
    ... I respond to ALL emails from people or companies serious about selling their equipment. ... For an immediate offer on your Cisco Equipment, please let me know the full part number, Quantity, and a contact info where you can be reached. ... I have a company migrating most of their services to the ASR 9010 so any cards you have for this equipment is of interest. ... AVAYA PARTNER IN ACS EQUIPMENT, AVAYA MAJIX EQUIPMENT AND CENTRAL OFFICE EQUIPMENT. ...
    (comp.sources.wanted)