unkillable qemu: sleeping in devdrn state

With a fairly recent -current kernel qemu sleeps in "devdrn"
state and is unkillable. /proc doesn't have qemu's pid entry
but it does show up in a ps listing! This bug is not 100%
repeatable but close enough. AFAIK this problem appears only
when kqemu is used with qemu.

This refcounting related problem has been reported for a
number of other devices. In one such thread (on cvs-all,
Subject: Re: cvs commit: src/sys/kern kern_conf.c) Tai-hwa
Liang has analyzed the problem and suggested a workaround for
a couple of devices. Rather than mucking with all the device
drivers, I hope a global fix is possible. Perhaps the
original fix by Tor Egge is not the only way to fix the bug?
I haven't analyzed the problem so likely I am talking through
my hat.

"You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike"

  • [Un] Unangband 0.6.3 released
    ... Allow player to assemble friendly monsters and carry eggs to hatch ... Updated druidic spells to use new region code. ... Fix lockup bugs generating the Old Forest. ... Fix bug where items dropped by monster death would infinitely ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.announce)
  • please pull from the trivial tree
    ... Fix spelling in E1000_DISABLE_PACKET_SPLIT Kconfig description ... +- Finding patch that caused a bug ... +Always try the latest kernel from kernel.org and build from source. ... Length of input string in bytes ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Subterrane v0.194 Alpha Released
    ... system, a character sheet, a ton of new spells, new monsters, item ... Added a character sheet that displays your character's ... Fix: Fixed a bug in the encumbrance calculation and status display ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.announce)
  • Re: Larkin, Power BASIC cannot be THAT good:
    ... If they did not produce a product with *adequate* quality then customers would not buy it and the company would not make a profit. ... it is to change a product in the field, and Y axis is bug density. ... but when the in service fix is almost free to the supplier then they will exploit that to their advantage. ... On-screen programming is pretty much type and ignite and see what ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • [Un] Unangband 0.6.2-wip7a has been released
    ... This release is mostly a bug fix revision to wip7, however, I was able to sneak ... The player only suffers a monster disease if the monster disease state isn't ... Fix up some animal speech sayings. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.angband)