Re: RFC: top displays jail id
- From: Robert Watson <rwatson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:59:03 +0100 (BST)
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, LI Xin wrote:
Julian Elischer wrote:
how about ONLY showing processes in a particular jail?
What about just 'jexec N top'? :-) Currently top(1) has no ability to attach particular jail to do things like obtaining usernames from within a jail. Personally I think the jexec approach is more useful because it can reveal usernames within the jail.
Be aware that if you run the jail's version of top inside the jail, then the output of top can be controlled by processes in the jail. Running top from outside the jail limits the ways in which processes inside jail can manipulate the monitoring tool.
Robert N M Watson
University of Cambridge
freebsd-current@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: [nano] install error
- Next by Date: Re: Some comments on ZFS
- Previous by thread: Re: RFC: top displays jail id
- Next by thread: Re: RFC: top displays jail id