Re: RELENG_6_2 broken on latest -HEAD

On 5/24/07, Tom Evans <tevans.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 09:52 -0400, Wesley Shields wrote:
> On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 04:23:53PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > On 2007-05-24 15:52, LI Xin <delphij@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > It seems that we can not build RELENG_6_2 world with -HEAD userland
> > > anymore, after the gcc upgrade. So the only way to build RELENG_6_2
> > > releases is to create a chroot environment for now?
> >
> > I think this was never really ``supported''. It may work, but if it
> > breaks nobody is going to fix it.
> >
> > What *is* supported and should always work is building CURRENT on the
> > latest RELENG_X branch. But what you are doing is the reverse...
>
> The problem is that running a tinderbox on a CURRENT host and building a
> RELENG_X branch is often done. I understand it's not really supported
> but it is a very nice thing to be able to do.
>
> Currently, a RELENG_6 build for a ports tinderbox running on CURRENT is
> broken. :(
>
> -- WXS

Isn't it the other way around? You couldn't have a tinderbox building
for 7.0 running on a 6.2 host, but its common practise to have tinderbox
build 6.2 packages whilst running on 7.0 host.

It's never supported to run newer userland on older kernel
(see archive on current@ few days ago from me).
In fact, after recent thread library changes in current, you
can not run 7.0 userland on a 6.2 kernel.

Regards,
Rong-En Fan

  • Answers needed to check Homework.
    ... The gravitational force FsM that the sun exerts on the moon ... flying at a constant altitude and a constant velocity. ... How much work is done if the same tension is ... When a 0.045-kg golf ball takes off after being hit, ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: The Sci-Fi Rejection Letter That Time Forgot
    ... nations have stockpiled arsenals of these incredible bombs and the time the story is set. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Wachstumssaison Flieder
    ... Handbreit über dem Boden. ... "Fliederkrimi" am Samstag halten heute meine Nerven nicht aus. ... Dorothee ...
    (de.rec.garten)