Re: viral license free fork of freebsd

Aryeh Friedman wrote:
I am intrested in putting together a version of FreeBSD (at least the
non-ports portion) that is 100% viral license (gpl and lgpl [not
techinically viral but I don't trust it]) free... where would be a
good starting point on this project?

I think all the BSDs are pushing to remove GPL utilities from the base system but it takes time to do that. It may even surprise you that NetBSD and OpenBSD are trying to replace gcc with pcc (BSDL C compiler). Anyways, why not write or improve BSDL equivalent utilities to replace their GPL counterparts rather than creating a fork?

Best Regards,
Nathan Lay