mount root from cd9660:/dev/iso9660/FreeSBIE failure

Hi,

Since the commit to src/sys/dev/ata ata-chipset.c atapi-cd.c
atapi-cd.h by sos@ [1] I'm unable to boot from a livecd build with
freesbie2 (with RELENG_7).
The system is unable to find the root filesystem and asks for manual
specification [2]

My kernel is a GENERIC plus GEOM_LABEL and GEOM_UZIP, a kernel build
before the commit works as expected.

Could someone take a look at this error ?
Thanks,
Regards.

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2007-October/083327.html
[2] http://djdomics.free.fr/FreeBSD/freesbie2/mountroot.png
--
There's this old saying: "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach
a man to fish, feed him for life."

  • Re: /etc/fstab query
    ... it currently has /etc/lib on a separate partition from ... How then does the system at boot time (would it be the kernel?) find ... The bootloader passes the filesystem designated as the root filesystem ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: fsck fails during boot with 2.6.9-34.0.1.EL kernel because root filesystem is already rw mou
    ... It looks like in the early stage of the booting, when the kernel is using the initrd to load the ... I still do not understand why in my new initrd file, with the new kernel, the root filesystem is ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Readonly filesystem on boot
    ... To begin with the root filesystem is always booted read-only. ... debug running that script to see what the problem is. ... But you are running Debian, ... Which kernel are ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: fsck fails during boot with 2.6.9-34.0.1.EL kernel because root filesystem is already rw mou
    ... I think there was a little fault in building the new initrd. ... The mount-command of the init-script is wrong and makes confusing, e.g.: first the root-filesystem must mount read/write, it accepts. ... It looks like in the early stage of the booting, when the kernel is using the initrd to load the ... I still do not understand why in my new initrd file, with the new kernel, the root filesystem is ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: livecd-create Bootable Fedora LiveCD Failed in Fedora 10
    ... bash: no job control in this shell ... LIveCD or USB. ... Maybe add the option to boot in about 5 seconds like reported at: ... Seems like Build aufs kernel module and squashfs kernel module ...
    (alt.os.linux)