Re: WITHOUT_MODULES, does it actually work?

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Julian Elischer <julian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Julian Elischer <julian@xxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:

On Tuesday 17 November 2009 8:29:23 pm Andrew Thompson wrote:

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 08:21:16PM -0200, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:

I just need "sound" and "snd_hda"...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi Andrew!

Well, as I already told Boris, I did try that but it didn't work out
quite
as expected ... leaving me with only two modules :s
There was no if_ modules, no wlan_, no zlib, no nothing .. except sound
and snd_hda ... :s

well that's what you SAID you wanted...

Oh, sorry ... I should've made it clear that that was what I needed
"only"
in regards to sound ... I guess I forgot there's people in the list that
doesn't have clue, not only about FreeBSD and Unix system administration
but
also about irony ...

See Julian.. as the saying goes, if you want to help a hungry men, don't
give him fish .. teach him how to fish .. so in that order of things let's
do this, try and do what you are, ironically, advising me to do and tell
me
how it goes ... how the system works with only those 2 modules.

Otherwise, if you have nothing important or relelevant to say, please try
keep it shut ... and please, try _really_hard_, cause you are making me
loose my time as well as other's people time.

Boris and Andrew were trying to help ... if you are not up to the task,
please, take a step aside and do yourself a favor.

Sorry you feel that way but if you look in your mailbox you will
also find a response from me (I think privately) suggesting that
since you only want 2 modules you might do better to use MODULES_OVERRIDE.
I was truely taking you at your word and no I didn't read things
into your mail that you didn't write. Not being a mind reader it's
the best I can do.

As for wasting someones time, Sorry I was only trying to help.
You can thank me for the original SCSI systen, boot blocks, divert,
netgraph, vimage work, Multiple routing tables, original devfs,
kernel threads and hundreds of bugfixes another time.

Thank you

  • Re: BM Friend Murders Roomate--my comments concerning Verne Gagne
    ... It is more fun having you guys go and fish. ... (Actually learning about me is really not that hard. ... Andrew <-- a noodly appendage of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)
  • Re: Pantethine - an informal poll
    ... meat I eat chicken, turkey, and fish. ... Low HDL is classic for metabolic syndrome. ... Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • Re: Any thoughts on Frederick M. Noads "Solo Guitar Playing"?
    ... Wolly, I sometimes get paid with nothing but the idea of passing it on, and that one thing is more valuable than all the material wealth in the world when I see my students do exactly that. ... You should send the fish to Andrew and not be such a ninny. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Thanks to Nonny!
    ... guy I read online recommends the fish and chips at RR. ... Andrew <-- a noodly appendage of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)
  • Re: WITHOUT_MODULES, does it actually work?
    ... There was no if_ modules, no wlan_, no zlib, no nothing .. ... in regards to sound ... ... teach him how to fish .. ...
    (freebsd-current)