Re: ROOT MOUNT ERROR: booting from a built-in flash reader

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 17:00:46 +0200 Alexander Motin wrote:
Boris Samorodov wrote:

I've got a EEEPC-1000 and boot FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT i386 r202342
from a SDHC card inserted into the built-in flash reader. The OS
stops while mounting a root filesystem and prompts for a manual
root filesystem specification.

The da0 disk appears at the system console just after the
"mountroot>" propmt. If I type ufs:/dev/da0s1a the boot proceeds.

Are there any patches for testing? ;-)

Now I am working on a new scan routine for CAM. I'll probably publish
patches in a few days. If your card reader (AFAIK there are USB-based
one)

Yes, it's the USD device.

will be able to register it's SCSI bus to CAM before the rest of
CAM-supported controllers (for example, ata(4) with ATA_CAM) finish
their scan, new routine will manage system waiting for it also. It not -
it will be a another question.

OK, I'll wait for your patches, thanks.

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve

  • Re: ROOT MOUNT ERROR: booting from a built-in flash reader
    ... from a SDHC card inserted into the built-in flash reader. ... stops while mounting a root filesystem and prompts for a manual ... Now I am working on a new scan routine for CAM. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: 2.6.22-rc4 XFS fails after hibernate/resume
    ... On Saturday, 16 June 2007 21:56, David Greaves wrote: ... I tried 2.6.22-rc4 (with Tejun's patches) to see if it had improved - no. ... then exhibits a filesystem failure within minutes of a resume. ... The root filesystem is xfs on raid1 and that doesn't seem to have any problems. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: tunefs.8 oddity
    ... +To change the root filesystem, ... tunefs command in NetBSD. ... they used the patches I had posted at that time. ... Controlling soft-updates during mount has many advantages (not ...
    (freebsd-hackers)