Re: SUJ testing update
- From: Jeff Roberson <jroberson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:21:05 -1000 (HST)
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 13:38:41 -1000 (HST)
Jeff Roberson <jroberson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just committed some big changes to suj to svn at
You can now run softdep without journaling again. The fast journal
checker is enabled. You need only use tunefs -j enable or tunefs -j
The SUJ flag in the filesystem moved for backwards compat reasons. If you
have an earlier SUJ volume please disable it with the old tunefs and
enable again with the new tunefs.
Upadating my old SUJ volumess worked for me.
I'll be making a few more minor changes before I commit to HEAD but we're
pretty close. Please give it a go and make sure it works for you!
One thing I liked about the last patch was that the output of mount(8)
showed "soft-updates journal." Any plans to put that back?
Unfortunately the MNT_* flags namespace is full and I had used an overlapping flag. Unless we can garbage collect some space I don't know if it will return. I liked it too.
freebsd-current@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: "tinderbox" using stacked unionfs
- Next by Date: Missing return in malloc.c:arena_dalloc?
- Previous by thread: Re: SUJ testing update
- Next by thread: Re: SUJ testing update [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]