Re: ndisgen on FreeBSD-9.0-CURRENT-201002-i386

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 08:59:01AM +0300, Azim wrote:
I tried ndisgen to convert BCMWL564.SYS using FreeBSD-9.0-CURRENT
FEB-2010(x86).
The files I had were :
It gave an error stating BCM43XX64.CAT(unrequired),
BCM43XX.CAT(unrequired), bcmwl5.inf and BCMWL564.SYS

I had successfully compiled the 32-bit and 64-bit driver on FreeBSD 8.0
(the 64-BIT couldn't be used on FreeBSD amd64 though)

This time on FreeBSD-9.0-CURRENT while trying ndisgen the following
files got created:
bus_if.h
device_if.h
windrv.h
and windrv.o and ndisgen echoed an error

==============
Generating Makefile... done
Building kernel module.. "/usr/share/mk/bsd.kmod.mk", line 12: "can't
find kernel source tree"

It looks it failed to search kernel source in standard places, for
example:

${.CURDIR}/../../kern
${.CURDIR}/../../../kern
${.CURDIR}/../../../../kern
${.CURDIR}/../../../../../kern
/sys/kern
/usr/src/sys/kern

Could you please check that one of above directories exists?

regards,
Weongyo Jeong

  • Re: FreeBSD 5.1 PowerPak Installation problem
    ... I have just compiled the kernel source and installed it. ... FreeBSD 5.1 PowerPak Installation problem ... Compile your kernel with debug symbols, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Disk Quota Support for FreeBSD Kernel
    ... I have installed FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE and did Binary Security Update from freebsd-update. ... Then I have tried to rebuild the kernel with Disk Quota support, but kernel source was not available in my new server. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: VirtualBox Guest Addons
    ... I have a 9.0 release 64bit freebsd. ... I can't get virtualbox-ose-additions to install I get this error message. ... That does not apply to this problem, which is just missing kernel source. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • cvs history
    ... I want to see the changes made to a specific kernel source file ... between Freebsd 4.9 and 4.10. ... I seem to recall seeing a web page ... where you can check the revision history for the kernel source tree, ...
    (freebsd-questions)