Re: Switchover to CAM ATA?
- From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:30:20 +0200
Freddie Cash <fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
If a lowly user's vote counts for anything, I'd vote for the complete
removal of ataraid support. We have gstripe, gmirror, graid3, graid5, and
zfs (and gvinum for the masochistics). :) We don't need to support any of
the crappy pseudo-raid "hardware" out there. ataraid(4) has served it's
purpose, tiding us over until GEOM RAID facilities were in place. Now it's
time for it to be retired.
gstripe can't create a bootable striped set; ataraid can.
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des@xxxxxx
freebsd-current@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: Something wrong with TCP connections in recent -current
- Next by Date: Re: Switchover to CAM ATA?
- Previous by thread: Re: Re: Switchover to CAM ATA?
- Next by thread: Re: Switchover to CAM ATA?