Re: [TESTING]: ClangBSD branch needs testing before the import to HEAD

On Mon, 31 May 2010 06:11:32 -0500
Astrodog <astrodog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If I understand the build process correctly, it should be possible to
have both compilers in base for some (presumably short) period of
time... then just have which one you use be a configuration option,
which should give LLVM/clang some additional exposure, without the
obvious risks of a complete switch. It should be relatively simply to
have "clang as a compile time option in base" then "clang as default
with gcc as an option" then "clang only", as it proves itself out
building the tree.

From previous messages I don't think sparc64 is currently supported by
clang very well, if at all, so I think we'll still need gcc in the base
system for some time.

--
Bruce Cran