Re: svn commit: r211908 - head/sys/dev/ichwd

Hi, Mike,

On 2010/08/30 10:18, Mike Tancsa wrote:
At 12:51 PM 8/30/2010, Olivier Smedts wrote:

By any chance, is it disabled in BIOS ?

Hi,
There are a couple of options in the BIOS. There is a "reboot the box if
the bios does not post within 6min" as well as "Fire the watchdog if the
dog has not been patted after 5,10 or 15min after the BIOS post. I
tried all combinations without luck. If I have the "reboot after x min
post post", the box will reboot on its own.

My guess is that your motherboard provided another watchdog (like
Winbond based super I/O chips) which requires a driver, you can try this
one if you wish:

http://people.freebsd.org/~delphij/for_review/winbondwd/

I've no idea about your ichwd issue though.

---Mike

Cheers,
Olivier

This is an actual Intel server MB (INTEL S3420GPC) and the WD is
enabled in
the bios. Are you able to actually get it to work on this board ?

---Mike

Olivier Smedts _
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
e-mail: olivier@xxxxxxxx - against HTML email & vCards X
www: http://www.gid0.org - against proprietary attachments / \

"Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."

- --
Xin LI <delphij@xxxxxxxxxxx> http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve! Live free or die