Re: [geom, cam] Hang near end of kernel probes since r213267 (likely earlier)

on 04/10/2010 19:14 David Wolfskill said the following:
On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 10:44:18AM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
Interesting!

:-}

So, init thread is blocked in vfs_mountroot()->g_waitidle() waiting for geom to
complete probing cd device, but the latter is blocked in cam_periph_getccb()
waiting for a ccb.
Can you try to reproduce this again and examine other thread for anything
interesting in geom/cam department? Thread named as "xpt_thrd" might be of
particular interest.

Yes; I can do that. Bearing in mind that each of us has a finite
number of keystrokes in his (or her) life, typing all that stuff
by hand, though, tends to eat into that upper limit a bit faster than
most other forms of recreation do. :-}

Is there a way I can use USB or firewire in a way similar to a serial
console? The laptop has both of those (though I only have connectors
for USB at the moment), and does not have a DB9 (let alone a DB25)
serial port. I'd welcome a pointer.

You should be able to use firewire console.
I have never done that myself, so can't help with setting it up.

BTW, personally for me links to screenshots (e.g. taken with a digital camera) are OK.

--
Andriy Gapon