Re: [geom, cam] Hang near end of kernel probes since r213267 (likely earlier)

on 04/10/2010 19:14 David Wolfskill said the following:
On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 10:44:18AM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
Interesting!

:-}

So, init thread is blocked in vfs_mountroot()->g_waitidle() waiting for geom to
complete probing cd device, but the latter is blocked in cam_periph_getccb()
waiting for a ccb.
Can you try to reproduce this again and examine other thread for anything
interesting in geom/cam department? Thread named as "xpt_thrd" might be of
particular interest.

Yes; I can do that. Bearing in mind that each of us has a finite
number of keystrokes in his (or her) life, typing all that stuff
by hand, though, tends to eat into that upper limit a bit faster than
most other forms of recreation do. :-}

Is there a way I can use USB or firewire in a way similar to a serial
console? The laptop has both of those (though I only have connectors
for USB at the moment), and does not have a DB9 (let alone a DB25)
serial port. I'd welcome a pointer.

You should be able to use firewire console.
I have never done that myself, so can't help with setting it up.

BTW, personally for me links to screenshots (e.g. taken with a digital camera) are OK.

--
Andriy Gapon

  • Re: Serial Port CE_OVERRUN errors
    ... machines, especially when EMM386 or HIMEM.SYS were loaded. ... and then you could watch the readings catch up. ... My early experiments proved that the serial port of the PC should be able to ... We had some major problems with commercial USB to Serial converters, ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: barcode software reade
    ... serial port and they can just talk to the device that's plugged in ... The speakers and the hard drive use standard USB device classes, thus there are no third-party driver issues - the OS has those drivers as standard. ... Some systems come with special cables rather than a standard RS-232 cable. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • LINEERR_RESOURCEUNAVAIL using USB port
    ... my cell phone to a serial port, and point TAPI to COM1, all is fine. ... Seems like all the new phones have USB ... therefore getting a driver is impossible. ... this image) I find that the USB port is COM4, ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • LINEERR_RESOURCEUNAVAIL using USB port
    ... my cell phone to a serial port, and point TAPI to COM1, all is fine. ... Seems like all the new phones have USB ... therefore getting a driver is impossible. ... this image) I find that the USB port is COM4, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Re: Foot pedal issue HELP!!
    ... the serial port rather than the USB port which may be my issue. ... Sony all-in-one desktop with only USB ports and I use a LAN docking ... When I try to install the driver on my desktop, ...
    (sci.med.transcription)