Re: Profiling code execution on amd64?

I would suggest using hwpmc for profiling:

# kldload hwpmc
# pmcstat -S unhalted-cycles -O /tmp/samples.out ../penetration
# pmcstat -R /tmp/samples.out -G /tmp/penetration.txt

You can also get pmcstat to generate gprof-compatible output with -g,
but I never use the mode so I'm really not sure what it gives you. I
think that you have to run gprof on the output or something, but don't
hold me to that.

  • Re: Profiling code execution on amd64?
    ... You can also get pmcstat to generate gprof-compatible output with -g, ... pmcstat: ERROR: Cannot allocate system-mode pmc with specification ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Profiling code execution on amd64?
    ... You can also get pmcstat to generate gprof-compatible output with -g, ... pmcstat: ERROR: Cannot allocate system-mode pmc with specification ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Profiling code execution on amd64?
    ... You can also get pmcstat to generate gprof-compatible output with -g, ... You only need to be root to profile the kernel or someone else's process. ...
    (freebsd-current)