Re: Can't buildworld with r219408

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Dimitry Andric <dim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2011-03-08 22:13, Freddie Cash wrote:

Revision: 219408

Buildworld errors out during compilation of X86RecognizableInstr.cpp,
but there are a *lot* of "undefined reference to
llvm:raw_ostream::write()" lines emitted before that.

I'll have a log of the errors up shortly here:
  http://www.sd73.bc.ca/downloads/9-current-buildworld-failure.txt

This gives a 404 error.

Yeah, sorry, the log is on my ZFS pool, which I can't get to atm. Due
to other errors, I can't boot with anything except GENERIC kernel from
pre-ZFSv28 commit.

However, I think I've tracked down the issue to the CompactFlash card,
or to using UFS+SU+J ontop of the CF disk.

I've booted without the CF disk, using an SSD with an older install,
and I can build world on there without issues. Even with -j6 and
using CLANG via /etc/make.conf.

So, there's something up with compiling on the CF disk. I'm about
ready to give up on using CF disks for my ZFS boxes, and just use the
cache/swap SSD for the OS install as well.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx