Re: Can't buildworld with r219408

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Dimitry Andric <dim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2011-03-08 22:13, Freddie Cash wrote:

Revision: 219408

Buildworld errors out during compilation of X86RecognizableInstr.cpp,
but there are a *lot* of "undefined reference to
llvm:raw_ostream::write()" lines emitted before that.

I'll have a log of the errors up shortly here:
  http://www.sd73.bc.ca/downloads/9-current-buildworld-failure.txt

This gives a 404 error.

Yeah, sorry, the log is on my ZFS pool, which I can't get to atm. Due
to other errors, I can't boot with anything except GENERIC kernel from
pre-ZFSv28 commit.

However, I think I've tracked down the issue to the CompactFlash card,
or to using UFS+SU+J ontop of the CF disk.

I've booted without the CF disk, using an SSD with an older install,
and I can build world on there without issues. Even with -j6 and
using CLANG via /etc/make.conf.

So, there's something up with compiling on the CF disk. I'm about
ready to give up on using CF disks for my ZFS boxes, and just use the
cache/swap SSD for the OS install as well.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx

  • Re: SEMI-OT: Discs spinning when not neccessary on newer systems
    ... I don't think I've ever encountered a CD player where the hub mechanism ... There's also a mechanism to focus the laser head onto the disk ... As for why the compilation disks don't spin down after starting a game ...
    (rec.games.video.classic)
  • Re: URGENT RAM disk problem
    ... >compilation objs are placed on RAM disk. ... You are assuming that it is management of the "temporary compilation ... I/O time to read the source and write an object is probably dwarfed by the ... Many programmers have only the vaguest idea how many lines of #include ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: The Secret of a Successful Programming Language?
    ... with a floppy disk this doesn't take long, and on a hard disk the ... compilation technique, and allows programs to be as large as your disk ... program that has to all be in memory at the same time. ... written in 8088 assembly language, but it wasn't taking advantage of ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: dual processor machine
    ... >> most of the time over half of the RAM free for tmpfs to use. ... >> compilation goes on RAM. ... > discussing compiling sources that were already located on disk. ... Now I'll put forth that instead of using memory for a RAM disk in which to ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Reverse engineering binary coded TCL scripts
    ... >> taken measures to make compilation a one way process. ... At my first job I did it to a Pascal program (disk crash on a disk that was ... degree could reverse it given enough time -- That being said, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)