Re: Fresh installed Freebsd 9 don't boot from hd
- From: Pavel Timofeev <timp87@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 15:13:16 +0400
2011/10/21 Dennis Koegel <dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:28:08AM +0400, Pavel Timofeev wrote:My proliant have 1Gb RAM =)
I used FreeBSD 9 amd64 on my HP Proliant DL360 G5 (smart array p400imirror)
as test. [...]
It was fresh install and I choose guided partitioning (GPT)
But after reboot my server don't boot from hd.
We have the same issue on a DL580 G7. Install runs fine, but when it's
time for the first boot, the bootcode emits a single '-' (where usually
it would be "spinning" for a moment while loading), hangs for about two
seconds, and then reboots.
I've used the BETA3 bsdinstall on other (amd64) hardware with GPT and it
worked fine. Also, manually adding the GPT label, partitions and
bootcode using gpart, then rebooting, shows the exact same behaviour
(this was done using the BETA3 "Live CD").
I suspect it's something in the vicinity of "pmbr bootcode vs. newer
(BTW, not related to this issue: hw.memtest.tests=0 should be default.
The kernel on a system with 128 GB of RAM needs about two minutes (!)
before emitting a single line of output. At first we didn't know about
this test and thought there was a serious problem.)
freebsd-current@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: Fresh installed Freebsd 9 don't boot from hd
- Next by Date: Re: Not setting TERM explicitly wraps commands at 80 columns with nested shells in xterms using sh + bash?
- Previous by thread: Re: Fresh installed Freebsd 9 don't boot from hd
- Next by thread: Re: Fresh installed Freebsd 9 don't boot from hd