Re: flowtable usable or not
- From: Steve Wills <swills@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 21:01:45 -0500
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 02/29/12 13:17, K. Macy wrote:
I tried it, on both FreeBSD routers, web systems, and database
servers; all on 8.2+. It still causes massive instability.
Disabling the sysctl, and/or removing it from the kernel solved
Routing I can believe, but I'm wondering how close attention you
paid to the workload. There are CDN networks with high uptimes and
shipping firewall products that use flowtable, so your mention of
web systems forces makes me ask for specifics.
The failure I experienced was with web servers running 8.0 behind a F5
load balancer in an HA setup. Whenever the failover happened, the web
servers would continue sending to the wrong MAC address, despite the
arp table updating. Disabling flowtable via the sysctl solved the
problem. Maybe Doug's failure was similar, maybe not, but I thought
I'd throw my $0.02 in.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.18 (FreeBSD)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
freebsd-current@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: revisiting tunables under Safe Mode menu option
- Next by Date: Re: flowtable usable or not
- Previous by thread: Re: revisiting tunables under Safe Mode menu option
- Next by thread: Re: flowtable usable or not