Re: SeaMonkey eats the CPU as of r232144

David Xu wrote:
I am also running the seamonkey and can not reproduce the problem.
maybe he did hit the race window when I was committing the patches ?
can he update and install the world and kernel again to see if the problem
is still existing ?

Yes, he has just rebuilt his world and kernel again, using the latest revision, and he found that the problem disappeared. Although SeaMonkey's CPU usage still doesn't snap to 0 during inactivity.

David Xu wrote:
> I suspect that your kernel and libthr are out of sync. You have
> installed only new version of kernel
> or libthr and forgotten to install another ? With -CURRENT, it is better
> to update whole tree and
> install whole tree includes kernel.

No, I deliberately didn't build a new world (because it takes ~10 times as long to build a world+kernel combination compared to just a kernel). I always had the impression that using an older world with a more recent kernel is almost always supported, and the exceptional cases are noted in the UPDATING file, as a quote shows: "User utilities using SIOCAIFADDR, SIOCAIFADDR_IN6, e.g. ifconfig(8), need to be recompiled.".

  • Re: Kernel panic: VFS
    ... David a ťcrit: ... > I switched off my laptop after a long day of work. ... > I donít understand why this is happening: I didnít install any new ... > I have been using long time a kernel 2.4.26. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Looooong Horror story, 10.04.4 LTS on an amd turion 64 bit laptop version
    ... I used a procedure which installed a custom combo of kernel 3.5.7 ... which appeared to install without any gotchas. ... The update-manager finished, I had it recheck, nothing left to do ... No networking at all, usb detection of my plugging in the radio ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • input method on fc3?
    ... FC3 and soundcard ... >> without problems and sound works fine. ... What modules were loaded with kernel ... I can install and configure samba on Linux as easily as I can install ...
    (Fedora)
  • Fedora Core 2, Averatec 3220 notebook
    ... I recently bought an Averatec 3220 notebook computer and have spent some ... Following is a detailed "howto" guide for installing Linux (Fedora Core ... Linux distro, which is easy to install and use, and for lots of answers ... We need one because the default Fedora Core kernel doesn't grok NTFS ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: install woes
    ... looking at the Fedora 9 64bit DVD: ... I'd try the acpi=off, but I didn't need any boot options, as far as I remember ... appended the kernel, probably post-install. ... but on attempting to install, it freezes up at the test media screen. ...
    (Fedora)