LLVM compiler backend for AMD Radeon HD r600 - the potential solution for OpenCL in FreeBSD?
- From: "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 19:51:39 +0200
I read this week this article on Phoronix:
Well, it looks promising to me in terms of having also OpenCL
capabilities for GPGPU, but as the report says, the code is not finished
and still in a very preliminary stage.
What is the opinion of the FreeBSD people about this approach? Does the
Gallium3D/Mesa driver with LLVM have the ability to bring
professionality of HPC/GPGPU to FreeBSD? Or is it a dead end?
I'm not familiar with the details of what's necessary for compiling
executables for a specific GPU but the compiler, as far as I know,
especially the code generator, needs to know about chip's internal and
so I fear it's like nVidia's chips a black box.
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
- Prev by Date: Re: more network performance info: ether_output()
- Next by Date: Re: RFC: jemalloc: qdbus sigsegv in malloc_init
- Previous by thread: Re: more network performance info: ether_output()
- Next by thread: Re: RFC: jemalloc: qdbus sigsegv in malloc_init