Re: gcc problem/openoffice failure

From: Marco Molteni (molter_at_tin.it)
Date: 05/28/03

    Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:08:29 +0200
    To: hackers@freebsd.org

    Julian Elischer wrote [2003-05-27]:

    > For the last month (more actually)(and after completely rebuilding my
    > system and all the ports on it) I have not been able to compile
    > the openoffice port due to gcc failures.
    > (I have posted the message earlier several times)
    > Has anyone been able to compile the openoffice port recently?

    [..]

    I assume you tried to compile the elephant because you weren't aware that
    there exist a fbsd package for it. I did the same thing until I got tired ;-)

    http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/

    has packages for -stable and -current.

    On my -stable I run openoffice-1.0.3_2.

    On my -current, after trying to run openoffice-1.1Beta1 and being bitten
    by all sort of bugs, I just installed the compat libraries for -stable and
    then the same openoffice-1.0.3_2 for -stable. Runs like a charm :-)

    marco