Re: gcc problem/openoffice failure

From: Marco Molteni (molter_at_tin.it)
Date: 05/28/03

    Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:08:29 +0200
    To: hackers@freebsd.org

    Julian Elischer wrote [2003-05-27]:

    > For the last month (more actually)(and after completely rebuilding my
    > system and all the ports on it) I have not been able to compile
    > the openoffice port due to gcc failures.
    > (I have posted the message earlier several times)
    > Has anyone been able to compile the openoffice port recently?

    [..]

    I assume you tried to compile the elephant because you weren't aware that
    there exist a fbsd package for it. I did the same thing until I got tired ;-)

    http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/

    has packages for -stable and -current.

    On my -stable I run openoffice-1.0.3_2.

    On my -current, after trying to run openoffice-1.1Beta1 and being bitten
    by all sort of bugs, I just installed the compat libraries for -stable and
    then the same openoffice-1.0.3_2 for -stable. Runs like a charm :-)

    marco

    • ANNOUNCE: release 2 of DJGPP port of GNU debugger (GDB) 7.2 uploaded.
      ... This is a port of GNU debugger (GDB) 7.2 to MSDOS/DJGPP. ... DJGPP specific changes. ... This is necessary to be able to compile a GDB version with TUI support. ...
      (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)
    • ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GNU binutils 2.24 uploaded.
      ... This is a port of GNU binutils 2.24 to MSDOS/DJGPP. ... This port allows a maximal number of 4294967296 relocations per object file ... That script is very simple and will only work to configure and compile the ...
      (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)
    • ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of FreeBE/AF 1.2 uploaded.
      ... This is a port of FreeBE/AF 1.2 to MSDOS/DJGPP. ... DJGPP specific changes. ... Please note that I have no hardware to test if the drivers really work. ... To compile this program the allegro library and certain ...
      (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)
    • ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GNU binutils 2.23.1 uploaded.
      ... This is a port of GNU binutils 2.23.1 to MSDOS/DJGPP. ... This port has a working> 64k relocation support. ... That script is very simple and will only work to configure and compile the ...
      (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)
    • Re: upgrage from 4.1.2 to 4.3.3+?
      ... > every available RPM for the distro...and there isn't one for PHP. ... > And also, I uh, don't believe I've ever recompiled Apache or PHP. ... Well - You could compile your own version of Apache and PHP and place it ... port number - By this I mean, whenever you visit a website, it defaults ...
      (comp.lang.php)