Re: Booting a machine over the network without pxe.

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik (dirkx_at_webweaving.org)
Date: 09/02/03

    Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:26:02 -0700 (PDT)
    To: Josef Karthauser <joe@freebsd.org>

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Josef Karthauser wrote:

    > Does anyone have any experience of booting a machine over the
    > network, like pxeboot, but without running PXE on a network card.

    The floppies of etherboot (see ports) work just fine. Or use the
    bootloader on your IDE disk.

    Dw

    • Re: Strange - all my programs want internet access.
      ... Closing all ports is not necessarily a good thing. ... especially Windows Explorer) although the software isn't really trying phone ... I do have a network card, ... > connect to the Internet, and then this is what I see using TCPView: ...
    • Re: Strange - all my programs want internet access.
      ... Closing all ports is not necessarily a good thing. ... especially Windows Explorer) although the software isn't really trying phone ... I do have a network card, ... > connect to the Internet, and then this is what I see using TCPView: ...
    • Re: Strange - all my programs want internet access.
      ... Closing all ports is not necessarily a good thing. ... especially Windows Explorer) although the software isn't really trying phone ... I do have a network card, ... > connect to the Internet, and then this is what I see using TCPView: ...
    • Re: Adding a wireless router, Was: Does any one know?
      ... had some trouble plugging them into the four ports of your modem :-). ... lacks a network card, and my new impressive Xerox Phaser is plugged into ... the connected computers. ...
      (comp.sys.acorn.networking)
    • Regarding NIC
      ... I have a sun solaris 8 machine with 2 network card on ... two diff netwroks. ... of the IP to the other but not all the ports. ...
      (SunManagers)