Re: Changing the NAT IP on demand?

From: Yar Tikhiy (yar_at_freebsd.org)
Date: 10/06/03

    Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 17:28:57 +0400
    To: freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org

    On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 07:54:00PM -0400, Leo Bicknell wrote:

    > That, by itself, is not hard. Here's the trick. I want the switch
    > to be seamless. That is, if NAT is translating to ISP #1 and the
    > application says switch to #2 the existing translations to #1 (until
    > they go away naturally) should be kept, while new ones go to #2.

    Just a random thought: If natd(8) were taught to change its default
    alias address on the fly (it's just a single variable,) then the
    desired effect would be achieved exactly. That's because any session
    already having its own entry in natd's aliasing table would use its
    old alias address kept in the entry. BTW, one could switch between
    even more than 2 external connections in that manner. And that's
    just a step away from session-aware load-balancing with natd(8).

    --
    Yar

    • Re: Fringe - Stowaway - Spoilers
      ... You fail to explain how the switch happened in the first ... Broyles from our dimension went through the same implanted memories ... that it refers to either Alias or Lost. ...
      (rec.arts.sf.tv)
    • Re: Pirated XP, means-test everyone and every product with "income
      ... | Alias, you are needlessly confrontational, but you have a good point -- ... The license idea is a scam. ... Yeah, bait and switch. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: PDT
      ... password to get in your switch, your entry is hashed by the same process, ... As far as the PDT password being a touchy subject... ... manuals that I received directly from Nortel that have the default password ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.nortel)
    • Re: Just curiosity about some constructs
      ... procedure with one entry point to have as many entry points as needed. ... element of C, besides 'goto' and 'switch', which is 'return'. ... single exit point, i.e., 'return'. ... Instead, C allows multiple exit points, ...
      (comp.lang.c)
    • Re: Verifiable .exe impossible using managed C++? ERRATA to step 4.
      ... Link using switches to create a DLL, get rid of the default entry point, get rid of the C/C++ runtime, generate a relocation section, remove unused references and export your entry point ... I do not know wether it works with the -debug switch. ... Put your application object file and perhaps some other object files required ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)