Re: Changing the NAT IP on demand?

From: Yar Tikhiy (yar_at_freebsd.org)
Date: 10/06/03

    Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 17:28:57 +0400
    To: freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org

    On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 07:54:00PM -0400, Leo Bicknell wrote:

    > That, by itself, is not hard. Here's the trick. I want the switch
    > to be seamless. That is, if NAT is translating to ISP #1 and the
    > application says switch to #2 the existing translations to #1 (until
    > they go away naturally) should be kept, while new ones go to #2.

    Just a random thought: If natd(8) were taught to change its default
    alias address on the fly (it's just a single variable,) then the
    desired effect would be achieved exactly. That's because any session
    already having its own entry in natd's aliasing table would use its
    old alias address kept in the entry. BTW, one could switch between
    even more than 2 external connections in that manner. And that's
    just a step away from session-aware load-balancing with natd(8).

    --
    Yar